Data Center Thermal Management and Engineering Solutions
Transcript: Data Center Thermal Management and Engineering Solutions
How to Seal and Protect Data Centers:
Boyd's agile manufacturing enables rapid prototyping, faster turnaround and streamlined supply of high efficiency converted advanced materials. One-shot manufacturing and integrated thermal solutions create thinner, denser, higher-performing Enterprise Electronics.
FR V-0 Front and Back Panel Overlays:
Custom overlays enable branding with improved safety and enhanced user experience.
FR V-0 Air andAcoustic Blocker
Improve air-blocking, thermal management, and acoustic absorption.
FR V-0 EMI
Shielding Reduce electronic malfunction and improve device and signal reliability by blocking unwanted external electromagnetic waves.
FR V-0 Baffles for Air Flow Management and Gap Filling
After airflow inside the server to efficiently direct it to the appropriate area for cooling.
FR V-0 Thermal Interface Materials (TIMs)
Facilitate heat transfer away from sensitive components on the board for improved cooling.
FR V-0 Air Leak Sealing and Air Gap Filling Foams
Prevent loss of cool air, fill air gaps, and connect pathways for internal airflow optimization.
Printed Membrane Switches
Printed graphic overlay with integrated electronics for HMI applications.
Electronics and Display Integration
Integrated solutions and complex functional display assemblies for high end OEMS.
Enclosure Housing and Environmental Seals
Ruggedize and protect against harsh vibration and liquid, gas or particle contamination to extend product lifetimes.
FR V-0 Velcro Cable Management
Hook and loop straps to fasten cable and/or wires inside the server assembly.
High Temperature Resistant UL 969 Labels
Roll labels enable branding with improved safety and an enhanced user experience.
Custom Made Nameplates
Durably identify and promote the brand and model.
How to Cool a Data Center with an In-rack Liquid Cooling System
Transcript: How to Cool a Data Center with an In-rack Liquid Cooling System
Rack Level Fluid Management for Data Centers
- Hot Manifold
- Cold Manifold
- Coolant Distribution Unit (CDU)
- Hot swappable, high reliability modular cooling systems, maximize compute density and uptime while lowering data center energy demand.
- Rack Manifold
- Precision engineered to balance flow to each heat source and enable lifelong, reliable connect/disconnect cycles with minimal downtime.
- Installed Cooling Loop (Assembly Fixtures Not Shown)
- Handling, shipping, and assembly fixtures assure strict dimensional control and top-down system access for faster cooling loop installation or service and maximum uptime.
- Inlet: Connects to Cold Manifold
- Outlet: Connects to Hot Manifold
- Liquid Cooling Loop
- Optimize coolant distribution to each heat source for on-demand peak performance with reduce energy consumption and maximized compute power.
Integrated Cloud Data Center Liquid Cooling Systems
Transcript: How to Cool a Data Center? Liquid Cooling System Solutions
Integrated Cloud Data Center Liquid Cooling Systems (LCS)
- Data Center Chassis Rack
- Customized integrated cooling systems to enable greatest power density, highest performance, lowest energy footprint and total operating cost.
- Rear Door Heat Exchanger
- Dual mode solution with highest efficiency heat transfer from liquid loop to facility air, or with highest heat capture from rack air into facility liquid.
- Rack Manifold
- Precision engineered for balanced flow to each unit and designed for lifelong reliable connect/ disconnect cycles.
- Rear Door Heat Exchanger Fans
- Software optimized to provide highest performance at lowest energy footprint and lowest noise levels
- Off-the-shelf or customized liquid cooling systems and components for highest performance, lowest profile, and greatest power density.
- Rack CDU
- High performance, efficiency, and reliability hot swap design for maximum operational uptime, fully visible and controllable by facility level management software.
- Cold Plates and Liquid Loops
- Optimized for each server and device custom heat profile and skyline to ensure longest lifecycles and unlock maximum performance.
Data Center Cooling Systems | Cool Cutting-Edge Artificial Intelligence
Transcript: Data Center Cooling Systems | Cool Cutting-Edge Artificial Intelligence
We’re more connected and innovation like AI is reshaping technology; creating more data, demanding more energy, and generating more heat than data centers have ever experienced before.
Data centers traditionally use air cooling to manage heat that is a byproduct of compute system power consumption.
Innovators look to Boyd to expand extreme air cooling performance and delay the necessary transition to liquid cooled data centers.
Boyd's extreme air cooling technologies help data center designers boost compute density and power. They leverage our highly efficient two-phase cooling technology to rapidly absorb and transport heat to cool it where there is space for larger heat sinks and better airflow access.
Boyd’s engineered material technologies like air and acoustic blockers, air flow gap fillers, EMI shielding, dielectric insulation, and thermal interface materials maximize the efficiency, reliability, and safety of extreme air-cooled systems.
As processing power and compute speeds exceed what extreme air cooling can solve, innovators must transition to liquid cooled data centers.
Integrated Boyd liquid cooling systems maximize compute and power density with the lowest energy footprint and total operating cost, delivering coolant across series of servers in an environmentally sustainable way. Boyd's coolant distribution units, liquid cooling loops, and rack manifolds cool down to the blade or chip level with Boyd liquid cold plates designed to maximize the interface between processors and the liquid system to unlock maximum performance.
Additional Boyd engineered material and HMI solutions improve data center user experience, efficiency, and safety by sealing server racks from contaminants, insulating against electrical shock, and identifying directions, instructions, and safety warnings with high quality, durable graphics and membrane switches.
Our innovation in thermal management and engineered material technologies accelerate existing and next generation data center performance, efficiency, and safety regardless of where customers are in their air to liquid cooling migration.
Boyd technologies make data centers cooler and more sustainable so we can stay connected and harness the power of innovation like AI.
Boyd is trusted innovation.
Have questions? We’re ready to help!